Course Title: Pastoral Leadership
Course Code: MS50021
Credit Hours: 3
This graduate-level course in Pastoral Leadership is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of effective pastoral ministry. The course will be centered around the book “A Guide to Effective Pastoral Ministry” and will cover key topics such as pastoral ethics, leadership skills, pastoral care, preaching, and church administration. Students will engage in critical discussions, practical exercises, and case studies to develop their pastoral leadership abilities.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the biblical and theological foundations of pastoral leadership.
- Demonstrate effective pastoral ethics and ethical decision-making.
- Develop leadership skills and competencies required for effective ministry.
- Implement pastoral care strategies that address the spiritual and emotional needs of individuals and congregations.
- Craft and deliver compelling sermons that communicate biblical truths effectively.
- Manage church administration and organizational aspects of pastoral ministry.
- Reflect on personal growth and development as pastoral leaders.
- Apply principles from “A Guide to Effective Pastoral Ministry” to real-life pastoral situations.