Course Title: Old Testament Survey
Course Code: BS10002
Credit Hours: 3
This undergraduate course provides a comprehensive overview of the Old Testament, exploring its historical, literary, and theological dimensions. Through the study of key texts and themes, students will gain an understanding of the Old Testament’s significance in the development of religious thought and its relevance to contemporary issues.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the content, structure, and historical context of the Old Testament.
- Identify and analyze major themes, characters, and events in the Old Testament.
- Evaluate the cultural and historical context in which the Old Testament was written.
- Discuss the literary and theological aspects of selected Old Testament texts.
- Recognize the influence of the Old Testament on contemporary religious and ethical thought.